The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a tendancy to believe, after learning an outcome, that one could have foreseen it.
- the "I knew it all along" phenomenon
- thinking that does not blindly accept arguments and conclusions. Rather, it examines assumptions, discerns hidden values, evaluates evidence, and assesses conclusions.
- what do you mean?
- how do you know?
an explanation using an intergrated set of principles that organizes and predicts observations
- a testable prediction, often implied by a theory
- specifies which results would support the theory and which would disconfirm it.
- a statement of the proceedures (operations) used to define research variables.
- For example, human intelligence may be operationally defined as what an intelligence test measures.
repeating the esscence of a research study, usually with different participants in different situations, to see whether the basic finding extends to other participants and circumstances.