Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Nerve cells (neurons) act
electrically and chemically
natural pain killers (ENDogenous mORPHINe), opiates are similar
any chemical put into body that changes mental state or bodily function
Most drugs act at
(sender & receptor)
- presynaptic terminal (sender)
- postsynaptic membrane (receptor)
presynaptic terminal takes back
- bind to & activate receptor
- Ex.: Morphine mimics the actions of endorphins
- binds to receptor, doesn’t activate, blocks normal activity
- Ex.: Alcohol blocks serotonin activity
What ways can drugs enter the body?
- Mucous membranes
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview