Role Category Questionnaire (RCQ)
- The RCQ is designed to sample the personal constructs people use to make sense of the world.
- A free-response survey designed to measure the cognitive compexity of a person's interpersonal perception.
- constructs are contrasting features we use to classify other people.
- The RCQ centers on the categories of personality and action that we use to define the character of another person.
- The RCQ is used to measure the respondent's degree of cognitive complexity.
- people with a large set of personal constructs have better social perception skills than those with less constructs.
- Researchers are more concerned with the structure of the constructs than with the content of judgments.
- cognitive complexity allows us to make distinctions that are more sophisticated than binary classifications.