The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- hydrocortisone (cortef, hydrocortone)
- or prednisone
- SE- sodium fluid rentention, edema, muscle wasting and weakness, osteoporosis, glaucoma, peptic ulcers, hypokalemia, adrenal atrophy, making of infection, impaired wound healing, facial flushin, weight gain, increase appetite, mood swings, acne, nausea
- pt teaching slowly decrease dose , monitor for cushings, infection, blood sugars, report GI upset, stool, the patient needs to be on a high protien diet, calcium and potassium but a diet low in fat
thyroid drugs are used to treat
antithyroid drugs are used to treat
- SE are Palpitations, HTN, dysrhythmias, menstral irregulariteis, insomnia, heat intolerance, nervousness, tremors, headache, tachycardia, weight loss.
- monitor T3 and T4
- take in the morning to prevent insomnia
- SE hepatotoxic, bradycardia, agranulocytosis, diarrhea,, leukopenia, numbness in fingers, headache, fever, puritis, nausea
- monitor T3 and T4 and take in the morning