Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the actions of Prostaglandins (PGE2)?
- Potentiate edema
- Induces fever
- Causes pain
What are the actions of Prostacyclins (PGI2)?
- Inhibits platelet aggregation
- Balances with Thromboxanes
Where is the primary site of synthesis of Prostaglandins (PGE2)?
Widely distributed (except red blood cells-RBC)
Where is the primary site of synthesis of Prostacyclins (PGI2)?
What are the actions of Thromboxanes? (TxA2)?
- Promotes platelet aggregation
- Balances action of Prostacylins
What are the actions of Leukotrienes?
- Increased vascular permeability
- Increased PMN (Polymorhphonuclear Neutrophils) chemotaxis
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview