Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- From whence come wars and fightings among you?
- come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
- Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to
- have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
- Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss,
- that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
- Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that
- the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a
- friend of the world is the enemy of God.
- Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain,
- The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
- But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith,
- God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the
- devil, and he will flee from you.
- Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
- cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
- Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your
- laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
- Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and
- he shall lift you up.
- Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that
- speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the
- law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the
- law, but a judge.
- There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and
- to destroy: who are thou that judgest another?
- Got to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we
- will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get
- Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
- For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time,
- and then vanisheth away.
- For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we
- shall live, and do this, or that.
- But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such
- rejoicing is evil.
- Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and
- doeth it not, to him it is sin.