Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is shock?
Inadequate perfusion of tissues
What are the 4 causes of shock?
- - pump problem (heart)
- - fluid volume issue
- - air exchange issue
- - Vascular system issue
What are the 2 types of shock?
- Compinsated - Body is trying to fix itself
- Decompinsated - Body gives up
Signs and symptoms of Compinsated shock?
- - thirst
- - diaphoresis (sweaty)
- - Breathing fast
- - fast pulse
- - periferal pulses weakened
Signs and symptoms of decompinsated shock?
- - Altered mental status
- - Acidosis (less O2in body makes it acidic)
- - Leads to cardiac arrest
What can we do for people with shock?
- - take care of bleeding
- - give O2
- - Shock position
- - Rapid transport
- - Cardiac monitor
- - Ongoing exam every 5 minutes
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview