Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "Gone With the Wind"
- - petticoat (sexualized mammy)
- Academy Award
- "I'd rather play a maid at $7,000 a day than be a
- maid at $7 a day"
- "High Hat Hattie" (radio get up)
- in over 300 films
- Often played mammy
- "Imitation of Life"
- Lincoln Theodore Monroe Andrew Perry
- 1st Black Millionaire
- Often played "coon"character
- Internalized his coon role
- criticised by black community
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview