Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Tap dancers in the 1940s
- Had to have real talent
- willing to conform to black stereotype
- *not biracial
- -Often advertised as hispanic (Helena Horne)
- - Political Activist
- - 7yr contract with MGM
- Films: "I Dood It" "Panama Hattie"
- - 1st black on front cover of film magazine
"Duke is Tops"
- -First all black cast film
- - Child Prodigy
- - Refused to perform for segregated audiences
- - Came to play in memorial hall in 1950s but did not play the 1st night b/c of the segregated audience
- - Married political figure
- - Accused of being a communist
- - Had the Hazel Scott Show in 1950 (good ratings, but short lived)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview