Six Conditions (Necessary and sufficient for personality changes to occur)
- 1. Two persons are in psychological contact
- 2. The first, the client, is experiencing incongruence
- 3. The second person, the therapist, is congruent or integrated in the relationship
- 4. The therapist experiences unconditional positive regard or real caring for the client
- 5. The therapist experiences empathy for the client's internal frame of reference and endeavors to communicate this to the client
- 6. The communication to the client is, to a minimal degree, achieved.