The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is another name for Vitamin A?
Retinol(another name) in active form
What is the Precursor of Vitamin A?
Functions of Vitamin A?
- maintaining healthy eye tissue, necessary for good vision
- fighting infection
- health of mucus membranes
- maintaining healthy epithelial cells
Vitamin A Defieiency causes?
- night blindness
- susceptibility to infections
- xerphthalmia (blindness -infection of eye)
Vitamin A Disease?
Characteristics of Vitamin A?
- Fat soluble
- widespread in developing countries, millions of children loose their eye sight
What are sources of Vitamin A?
- Plant sources
- high intese color