Pediatric Growth and Development
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the ages for a
- 1. birth to 1 year
- 2. 1-3 years
- 3. 3-5 years
- 4. 6-12 years
- 5. 12-18 years
What is the continuous and orderly process of growth?
- cephalocaudal- head to tail
- proximodistal- center to periphery
- differentiation- simplex to complex
Health teach/education is a nurses' role, what are we supposed to teach?
Antiipatory guidance- teaching caretakers to understand upcoming events that may affect the child.
Play is important to children, what are the 4 phases children pass through to age 5?
- 1. Infancy- 1 year- objects in our environment
- 2. 2-3 years- pretend roles- imitate mom and dad
- 3. 3-5 years- peer group- friends that they like
If a child does NOT exhibit any developmental delays before 6 years old what does that mean as they get older?
They usually will not have any developmental delays.
What do they use to ASSESS developmental progress?
Denver developmental tool
What are Freud personality catergories? (3)
- 1. Id- unconscious thinking??
- 2. Ego- conscious rational thinking
- 3. Superego- conscious thinking and ideas
What are Freud psychosexual stages? (5)
- 1. Oral- birth to 1 year, reduces tension & is comforting
- 2. Anal- 1-3 years- interested in toliet training and rectal and urethral sphincters develop.
- 3. Phallic- 3-6 years- boys vs girls- notice a different between a girl's and boy's gential area
- 4. Latency- 6-12 years- learning does NOT focus on body parts, close relationship between same sex peers, energy directed towards physical f
- 5. Gential- 12-18 years- reproductive organs and hormones develop, will have a object of "love."
What the 1st 5 stages of Erickson's stages of development?
- 1. Trust vs Mistrust- birth to 1 year (trust in caregiver)
- 2. Autonomy vs shame and doubt- 1-3 years- (controling body functions)
- 3. Initiative vs guilt- 3-6 years (learns through play and develops a conscious)
- 4. Idenity vs inferiority- 6-12 years (enjoys working on projects, competing with others, follows rules)
- 5. Idenity vs role confusion- 12-18 years (body changing, occupied with parents, how others view them, peers, and acceptance)
What are the 4 periods of cognitive development by Piaget?
1. Sensorimotor Stage- birth to 2 years- learns object permance (peek-a-boo), knows symbols, time, space, fine motor skills,
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview