The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When the buttocks or both lower extremities are the presenting part during birth.
Initiate rapid transport, provide high concentration O2, and never attempt to deliver the baby by pulling on it. Place the mother in a head-down position with her pelvis elevated.
Condition when the placenta prematurely separates from the uterine wall and causes pain and bleeding.
Appearance Pulse Grimace Activity Respiration
- Color---Pale/blue---Pink body, blue extrem---Pink body
- Respiration ---Absent---slow/irregular---good breath/crying
- Reflex Response---Absent---grimace, facial response---cough/sneeze, pull away
- Muscle Tone---Absent---Some flexion---Active/spontaneous movement
(Tubal pregnancy; Cervical pregnancy; Abdominal pregnancy )
An abnormal pregnancy that occurs outside the womb (uterus). The baby (fetus) cannot survive, and often does not develop at all in this type of pregnancy.
Complication of pregnancy in which the placenta grows in the lowest part of the womb (uterus) and covers all or part of the opening to the cervix.
Seizures in pregnancy, that are not related to a preexisting brain condition, are usually associated with high blood pressure and swelling of the extremities (preeclampsia). Seizures pose a serious threat to both the mother and unborn child.
Separation of the placenta from its attachment to the uterus wall before the baby is delivered.
Symptoms: Abdominal pain; Back pain;Frequent uterine contractions; Uterine contractions with no relaxation in between; Vaginal bleeding
Gravida indicates the number of times the mother has been pregnant, regardless of whether these pregnancies were carried to term. A current pregnancy, if any, is included in this count.
Para indicates the number of viable (>20 wks) births. Pregnancies consisting of multiples, such as twins or triplets, count as ONE birth for the purpose of this notation.
Abortus is the number of pregnancies that were lost for any reason, including induced abortions or miscarriages. The abortus term is sometimes dropped when no pregnancies have been lost.
Conception to 12th week. Body undergoes many changes. Hormonal changes affect almost every organ system in the body. These changes can trigger symptoms even in the very first weeks of pregnancy. Period stopping is a clear sign of pregnancy.
- Extreme tiredness; Tender, swollen breasts. Nipples might also stick out; Upset stomach with or without throwing up (morning sickness); Cravings or distaste for certain foods; Mood swings; Constipation (trouble having bowel movements); Need to pass urine more often; Headache; Heartburn; Weight gain or loss
13 to 27th week.
about 28 weeks of pregnancy until birth
An infant less than five pounds or born before 38 weeks.