Motors and generators
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the force on a current carying conductor increases if: (five reasons)
- Magnetic filed strength increases
- current flowing through conductor increases
- length of conductor in field increases
- angle between field and current increases
- number of lengths of wire in the field increases
current carrying conductors near eachother will?
- Repel if currents in opposite directions
- attract if currents in same directions
what is torque?
the turning action of two equal forces acting in opposite directions on opposite sides of a coil (also known as the moment of a force)
define the motor effect
A current carrying conductor in a magnetic field experiences a force. the motor effect occurs due to the interaction of the external field with the field created by the current
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview