Favoring National Gov
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
do not call law
give U.S. consumers an opportunity to limit the telemarketing calls they receive
- equal protection across states
- incorporation doctrine: bill of rights now applies to state/local gov
Agriculture in 1940s
- post war boom
- industrial boom expands market
- organizations established
Americans with Disabilities Law: protects them now
Civil Rights Act 1964
- prohibits discrimination in hiring/firing employees
- integrates all public places
victory shows that states cannot break away
addresses problems with weak central gov under articles
Dept Homeland Security
cabinet department of the United States federal government, created in response to the September 11 attacks, and with the primary responsibilities of protecting the territory of the United States and protectorates from and responding to terrorist attacks, man-madeaccidents, and natural disasters
federal gov can make laws necessary and proper to execute given powers
land grant colleges
- granting federally controlled land to the states for the states to develop colleges
- funds provided is matched my state funds
Institution of Fed Income tax
??? supports 16th amendment???
- alphabet soup of federal programs to help economy, ect.
- increase federal involvement when things go wrong (response to great depression)
- no child left behind:
- federal standards in order to get funding
Pure Food and Drug Act
a United States federal law that provided federal inspection of meat products and forbade the manufacture, sale, or transportation of adulterated food products and poisonous patent medicines.
wiretapping expansion for VoIP (voice over IP) and web traffic
constitution, fed law, and fed treaties are supreme over state/local
McCulloch v. MD 1819
- national back allowed
- estab idea of implied powers
Gitlow v. NY 1922
- freedom of speech/press (Gitlow is socialist)
- 14th amendment = incorporation of BoR in states
Brown v. Board of Education
separate but equal not okay --> integrate
Kormatsu v. US
japanese internment camps constitutional
Roe v. Wade
- right to an abortion fell within the right to privacy protected by the 14 Amendment.
- As a result, the laws of 46 states were affected by the Court's ruling.
US v. CS
rights to undersea land belongs to fed gov
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview