Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Weber's Typology of Human Motives
- Goal-oriented rational action
- Value-oriented rational action
- Emotional or affective action
- Traditional action
Efficiency, personal preferences are minimized.
Where can Weber most famous study be found?
With his mother because of his father death.
Types of Authority that claim legitimacy
- Rational-Legal Authority: Authority based on rational, impersonal rules
- Traditional Authority: Customary ways of doing things not codified in rules but usually inherited
- Chrismatic Authority: An individual leader allegiance because of extraordinary virtuosity whether, ethical, heroic or religious
Types of Authority and Types of Motivation
- Rational-legal Authority relates to Goal-oriented and Value-oriented Rational Action
- Traditional Authority relates to Traditional Action
- Chrismatic Authority relates to Emotional or Affective Action
For Weber, what does bureaucratic coordination of activities means?
The distintive mark of the modern era
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview