Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Weber's Typology of Human Motives
- Goal-oriented rational action
- Value-oriented rational action
- Emotional or affective action
- Traditional action
Efficiency, personal preferences are minimized.
Where can Weber most famous study be found?
With his mother because of his father death.
Types of Authority that claim legitimacy
- Rational-Legal Authority: Authority based on rational, impersonal rules
- Traditional Authority: Customary ways of doing things not codified in rules but usually inherited
- Chrismatic Authority: An individual leader allegiance because of extraordinary virtuosity whether, ethical, heroic or religious
Types of Authority and Types of Motivation
- Rational-legal Authority relates to Goal-oriented and Value-oriented Rational Action
- Traditional Authority relates to Traditional Action
- Chrismatic Authority relates to Emotional or Affective Action
For Weber, what does bureaucratic coordination of activities means?
The distintive mark of the modern era
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview