Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 8 unifying themes in biology?
- 1. Emergent Properties: New properties emerge at each level in the biological heirarchy.
- 2. Environmental Interactions: Organisms interact with other organisms and the physical environment.
- 3. Energy Transfer: Life requires energy transfer and transformation.
- 4. Structure and Function: Structure and function are correlated at all levels of biological organization.
- 5. Cellular Basis of Life: The cell is an organism's basic unit of structure and function.
- 6. The Genetic Basis of Life: The continuity of life is based on heritable information in the form of DNA.
- 7. Feedback Regulation: Feedback mechanisms regulate biological systems.
- 8. Evolution: Evolution, the overarching theme of biology.
What are the levels of biological organization, from smallest to largest? (10 items.)
- Organs & Organ Systems
What are the three domains of life?
- Bacteria (prokaryotic)
- Archaea (prokaryotic)
- Eukarya (eukaryotic)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview