Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Location of Thyroid Gland
- anterior portion of neck
- in front of trachea
Hormones of Thyroid?
- Triiodothyronine (T3)
- Thyroxine (T4)
Function of Thyroid?
- (T3/T4) regulate metabolism / energy production control by neg feedback system of ant pituitary gland
- (calcitonin) inhibit mobilization of calcium from bone and decrease calcium levels
Altered thyroid fxn effects?
Effects if increased thyroid hormone?
- graves disease
- silent thyroiditis
- subacute thyroidistis d/t virus induced infection
- TSH secreting pituitary tumor
- functioning metastatic thyroid carcinoma
- toxic multinodular goiter
- thyrotoxicosis factitia
What is goiter and what hormone causes if too much?
goiter is enlarged gland cause by too my thyroid hormone
what is toxic multinodular goiter?
sm benign nodule in thyroid gland secreting TH
what is exopthalmos and what hormone causes if too much?
exopthalmos is protrusion of eye ball from orbit d/t impaired venous drainage to fat deposits causing edema, caused by too much thyroid hormone
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview