The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is strategic planning?
A systematic process for gathering information about thelong-tem direction and translating that direction into specific goals, objecties, and actions.
What are some criticisms about startegic planning?
- Strategic planning is action-oriented and is ONLY useful if it is carefully linked to IMPLEMENTATION.
- Implementation requires accepting the viewpoint of others
- Given the general thrust of strategic planing to change the status quo, the proposed changes ARE NOT going to suit everyone.
What does strategic planning encompass?
- It embraces all managerial decisions and actions that determine long-run performance
- Thus, it requires an assessment of organizational capacities in such areas as managerial capability, power structure, culture, leadership, and organizational structure.
What is the overall purpose of startegic planning?
To develop a continuing commitment to the mission and vision of the organization, nuture a culture that identifies and supports both the mission and vision, and maintain a clear focus on the organization's clear agenda throughout all its decision processes and activities