The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Other names for Riboflavin?
Functions of Riboflavin?
- part of coenzyme for metabolism of energy nutrients (help to release energy from food)
- phosphorus is needed for absorption of riboflavin
- Cheilosis---cracks at the corners of the mouth
- Glossitis--infection of the tounge
- animal sources are best: milk, (best free source), liver heart, eggs, and lean meat
- bound sources
Characteristics of Riboflavin?
- yellow in color
- water soluble
- easily destroyed in light
- bound form in vegetables and meat, free form in milk