Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Other names of B6?
- Pyridoxal------animal source
- Pyridoxamine---animal source
- Pyridoxine---plant source
- Part of coenzyme for metabolism of energy nutrients
- metabolism of tryptophan (essential amino acid) to niacin
anemia (small cell type) microcyte anemia
Vitamin B6 Sources?
liver,green leafy vegetables, whole grains
Characcteristics of B6?
- water soluble
- stored extensively in muscle tissue
- taken sometimes to relieve symptoms of PMS (toxic symptoms shown in individuals after long time use)
- metabolism of tryptophan to niacin
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview