Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Other names for Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 Functions?
- part of coenzyme used in new cell synthesis
- metabolism of energy nutrients
- assists folate in cell division
Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
- lack of intrinsic factor will cause a person not to absorb B12
- anemia (large cell type--megaloblastic anemia)
Vitamin B12 Sources?
animal products only
Characcteristics of Vitamin B12?
- red in color
- found in animal sources only
- strict vegetarians must take B12 shots
- Intrinsic factor by stomach must be present to absorb B12
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview