Straitified Squamous Epithelium
1) What is it made up of?
2) What does it make up/ line?
3) In the __, outer layers of cells undergo __; hoewver, this process does not occur where tissues remain __ in the __, __, or __.
1) layers of flattened cells that are designed to protect underlying layers
2) makes up the outer layer of skin and line sthe mouth, throat, vagina nad anal canal
3) skin/ keratinization/ moist/ throat, vagina, or anal canal
Stratified Cuboidal Epithelium
1) This tissue coniststs of __ to __ layers of __ cells lining a __ of the __, __, __, and __
2) Several layers of cells provide greater __ than one single layer
Straitified Columnar Epithemium
1) This tissue consists of several layers of cells and is found in the __, part of the __, and parts of the __.
1) vas deferens/ male urethra/ pharynx
1) Transitional Epithelium is designed to __ and __, as it does in the lining of the __.
2) This design provides _ and keeps __ from diffusing back into the __.
1) distend/ return to its normal size/ urinary bladder
2) distensibility/ urine/ internal cavity
1) This tissue is made up of cells designed to __ and __ into __ or into __
2) What is the difference between exocrine and endocrine glands?
3) Glands are classified by the ways the glands __.
a) __ release fluid products by __ and are grouped as __ or __.
- __ produce a watery fluid filled with enzymes
- __ secrete a thicker, protective substance called __
b) __ lose portions of their cell 1bodies during __.
c) __ release entire cells (__)
1) produce/ seccrete/ ducts/ body fluids
2) endocrine: glands that secrete into body fluids and blood/ exocrine: glands that secrete products into ducts
3) secrete their products
a) Merocrine glands/ exocytosis (pancreas)/ serous/ mucus- producing