The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 Major tactical priorities on the fire ground?
- 1. Life Safety
- 2. Extinguishment
- 3. Property Conservation
What is the fire tetrahydron?
4 sided concept of combustion including Oxygen, Fuel, Heat and chemical chain reaction
What are the 4 ways heat travels?
- Direct flame contact
What happens to a 100ft section of steel beam when heated to 1,000F?
expands 9 inches
9 Engine company firefighting tasks
- perform search and rescue
- establish water supply
- use of initial attack lines
- use of back up lines
- protect exposures
- use of master stream devices
- tactical use of protective systems
- property conservation
- performing overhaul operations
what is the required pump capacity?
- No less than 750 to 1000 gallons
- with a tank that carries 750 to 1000 gallons
What is the minimum hose storage area for the 2.5 inch line?
30 cubic ft
Nfpa requires how much of either 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 2 inch to be carried on a pumper?
Pre-connected hose lines should not exceed how many feet?
250ft because of excess friction loss
NFPA requires a minimum of _____ feet of 2 1/2 inch or larger
Extended horizontally a 4inch LDH flows almost _____times the capacity of a 2 1/2 inch line
NFPA requires the following nozzles to be carried on the pump
- one combination spray nozzle, 200gpm minimum
- two combination spray nozzles, 95gpm minimum
- one playpipe, with shut off and 1-, 1 1/8, and 1 1/4inch tips
Standard fireground stream
1 1/8 tip, 2 1/2 inch line, 250 gallons, 45psi
At or above ___mph you will need to use a straight tip
In most interior structures the fog pattern is no greater than ____degrees
NFPA recommends a master stream appliance of ____gpm minimum
Ladders required on a pump?
- one straight ladder with hooks 12 or 14 feet
- One extension ladder (24ft minimum)
- One attic ladder
Four basic hose lays
- forward lay using charged line(most desirable)
- forward lay using uncharged line
- Direct to fire-no line charged
- Reverse lay using a charged line
Factors evaluated potential situations during emergency conditions
- Protection systems
- capabilities of personnel
- mutual aid
- water supply
- exposure protection