Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
6.022X10e23 particles of matter contained in l mole of a substance.
the mass in grams of 1 mole of a substance.
Law of conversion of mass
matter is neither gained nor lost in the process of a chemical reaction.
the maximum amount of product that can be produced from a given amount of reactants.
The ratio of the actual and theoritical yields of a chemial reaction multiplied by 100%
a force per unit area
the pressure exerted by one component of a gas mixture.
Five Factors involved in the construction of a chemical equation.
- 1. The chemical formulas of the reactants are the reactants are written on the left and those of the products are written on the right.
- 2. A reaction arrow indicating the direction in which the reaction proceeds separates the reactants from the product.
- 3. The physical states of reactants and products are often but not always shown in the parenthesis just after the formula of each.
- 4. The symbol A over the reaction arrow means that energy is neccessary for the reaction to occur.
- 5. The equation will be balanced.
result in the formation of one or more insoluble products.
Involve the transfer of a hydrogen ion, H+, from reactant ( the acid) to the other ( the base). a subtype of double replacement reactions.
transfer of one or more electrons from one reactant to another.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview