The flashcards below were created by user
6.022X10e23 particles of matter contained in l mole of a substance.
the mass in grams of 1 mole of a substance.
Law of conversion of mass
matter is neither gained nor lost in the process of a chemical reaction.
the maximum amount of product that can be produced from a given amount of reactants.
The ratio of the actual and theoritical yields of a chemial reaction multiplied by 100%
a force per unit area
the pressure exerted by one component of a gas mixture.
Five Factors involved in the construction of a chemical equation.
1. The chemical formulas of the reactants are the reactants are written on the left and those of the products are written on the right.
2. A reaction arrow indicating the direction in which the reaction proceeds separates the reactants from the product.
3. The physical states of reactants and products are often but not always shown in the parenthesis just after the formula of each.
4. The symbol A over the reaction arrow means that energy is neccessary for the reaction to occur.
5. The equation will be balanced.
result in the formation of one or more insoluble products.
Involve the transfer of a hydrogen ion, H+, from reactant ( the acid) to the other ( the base). a subtype of double replacement reactions.
transfer of one or more electrons from one reactant to another.
Amounts Chemical Reactions Gases