The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When Ann found out that her B.F. cheated on her, she dropped him like a hot potato.
- left him abruptly and finally, to end a romantic relationship with someone abruptly
- dump someone
- leave someone high and dry
- run out on someone
- walk out on someone
When Pam divorced Doug, she took Doug to the Cleaners!
- was awarded all his possessions
- to acquire all of someone's possessions (or money) either dishonestly or in a court battle
John and Anne had a big fight, but I'M sure they'll be able to patch things up.
- reconcile one's differences
- bury the hatchet
- kiss and make up
- talk it out
It's a good idea to sign a pre-nup befote getting married. It can make things a lot easier if the marriage doesn't work out.
contract specifying what each person gets in the event of a divorce
Ted's father has a mistress? Does his mother know?
Doesn't she mind sharing her husband?
woman who enjoys having a continuing sexual relationship with a married man
ginger goes to bed with a different guy every night. She's such a tramp!
sexually promiscuous woman
After ten years of marriage, Vivian and Al broke up!
- end their relationship
- break it off
- come to a parting of the ways
- split up
Did you know Greg had an affair behind Cathy's back? I wonder who the other woman is.
- secret romantic relationship with someone other than one's spouse
- bed-hop (to)
- fling (to have a)
- get some on the side (to) or get a little on the side
- mess around (to)
- play around (to)
- play musical beds (to)
- some extracurricular activity (to do)
- hanky-panky (n.) secretive sexual relations
I'm not surprised Jim and Peg ended their relationship. Their marriage has been on the rocks for an long time.
- not going well
- shaky ground (to be on)
- shaky (to be) adj.
Scott was in bed with another woman when his wife came in and busted him!
to discover someone doing something improper