Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What to say -
- Ephesians 4:29
- Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Sex in marriage –
- 1 Corinthians 7:3-5
- 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
- 3 The husband should fulfill his wife’s sexual needs, and the wife should fulfill her husband’s needs. 4 The wife gives authority over her body to her husband, and the husband gives authority over his body to his wife.
- 5 Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again so that Satan won’t be able to tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (NLT)
Love each other / recognized –
- John 13:34-35
- 34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Supporting others: good and bad times –
- Romans 12:15
- Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Most important commandment –
- Mark 12:30-31
- 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. 'There is no commandment greater than these."
Listening to God's voice -
- Isaiah 30:21
- Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it."
Weary burdened heart –
- Matthew 11:28-30
- 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
- Philippians 4:6-7
- 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
What makes God mad –
- Proverbs 6:16-19
- 16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.
Needing wisdom –
- James 1:5
- If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
What to think about –
- Philippians 4:8
- 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Requesting God’s guidance –
- Psalm 25:4-5
- 4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
God will sustain us –
- Isaiah 40:31
- but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Eternal Perspective –
- 2 Corinthians 4:18
- So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
God works for our good –
- Romans 8:28
- 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Deuteronomy 30:19-20a
- 19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.
How to get your heart’s desires –
- Psalm 37:4
- Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Do what’s right –
- James 4:17
- 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
How to follow God –
- Hebrews 12:1
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Difficult Obstacles –
- Philippians 4:13
- I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
One thing that is needed –
- Luke 10:42
- but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
Trust God –
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
He works on your will –
- Philippians 2:13
- for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Reason for Jesus –
- John 3:16
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Using your gifts –
- 1 Peter 4:10
- Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
- Matthew 19:14
- Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Seek God – no fear / radiance –
- Psalm 34:4-5
- 4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. 5 Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
Ask, seek, knock –
- Matthew 7:7
- "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Make Disciples –
- Matthew 28:19
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Chose you to bear fruit –
- John 15:16
- You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
Share what you’ve heard –
- Matthew 10:27
- What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
Chill out –
- Psalm 46:10
- "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
God’s plans for you –
- Jeremiah 29:11
- For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Close to God –
- James 4:8
- Come near to God and he will come near to you.
Listening and doing –
- James 1:19-20
- 19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
Seek to find God –
- Jeremiah 29:13
- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Fruit of the Spirit –
- Galatians 5:22-23
- 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
Sweetness of God’s word –
- Psalm 119:103-105
- 103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 104 I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Release anxiety –
- 1 Peter 5:7
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Love is… -
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.
Faithful servant –
- Matthew 25:21
- "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
The greatest of theses –
- 1 Corinthians 13:13
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Rejoice / Gentleness –
- Philippians 4:4-5
- 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Command for the rich –
- 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- 17Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
Search, test, lead –
- Psalm 139:23-24
- 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Pleasant words –
- Proverbs 16:24
- Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
God will be with you –
- Deuteronomy 31:8
- The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
How to be –
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Cry out / ransomed –
- Psalm 55:16-18
- 16 But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. 17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. 18 He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.
- Ephesians 4:31-32
- 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Walk with God –
- Micah 6:8
- He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
May go fill you to overflow –
- Romans 15:13
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Remain in Christ –
- John 15:4-5
- 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- Psalm 34:18
- The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Spur on –
- Hebrews 10:24
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
- Colossians 4:6
- Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone
Heart / Spirit –
- Psalm 51:10
- Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me
Full life –
- John 10:10
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Feathers / refuge –
- Psalm 91:4
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
Be strong / armor –
- Ephesians 6:10-11
- 10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
Trustworthy / dishonest –
- Luke 16:10
- "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
- Hebrews 11:1
- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
From anxiety to joy –
- Psalm 94:19
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Direct me –
- Psalm 119:133
- Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
Teaching / Truth –
- John 8:31-32
- 31…Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Praise you –
- Psalm 52:9
- I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
Live in love –
- 1 John 4:16
- And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
Will tell great things –
- Jeremiah 33:3
- 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview