4th Grade vocab Unit #
- n.) a shortened version of previously published writing; a magazine that publishes such short versions
- v.) to understand a grasp an idea; to break down food within the body for nourishment
- I feel better after my stomach digests the food I've eaten.
- n.) a person or group that goes first to explore, open, perpare, or settle an area; someone who breaks new ground as in science or ideas
- Steve Jobs pioneered the way we live with his iPods and iPhones.
- v.) to open the way for others to follow
- n.) a whip; a blow made by a whip; an eyelash
- v.) to whip or strike; to strip down with rope or cord
- The snake lashed out at the camera lense.
- n.) an object made long ago; something made in the past
- adj.) from the past; very old
- My Dad's 1965 Mustang would be an antique today if he kept it.
- adj.) steamy or heavy with moisture; moist or damp
- A rainy summer day gets mighty humid sometimes.
- v.) to be against; resist, object to; to be in direct contrast with
- I oppose anyone that cheers for Ohio State.
- n.) suitcases, bags, packages, equipment, or other items that travelers carry; things that get in the way
- It is easier to travel with less baggage.
- adj.) Having worth or excellence; possessing merit; valuable or derserving
- She had the strength and courage to be worthy of a soldier.
- v.) to set up, start, organize, or bring about; to prove beyond doubt
- Penn State was established in the year 1855.
- adj.) lasting for all time; with no beginning or end; continuing forever; seeming to be endless
- God is forever eternal.
- n.) speed or quickness of motion; overeager action without caution
- Like they say, "Haste makes waste!" So slow down and check your work.
- adj.) showing or having good judgment or reason; aware of
- Eating healthy foods is very sensible.