Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -one who does not believe in any god(s).
- atrophy: the wasting away of body tissue.
- off, away from, apart, down
- -to take away from by force.
- abstruse: hard to understand; secret, hidden.
- sharp, bitter
- -sharp or biting to the taste or smell.
- acrimonious: caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature.
- acerbic: sour or astringint in taste; harsh in temper.
- to do, to drive, to force, to lead
- -to move or force into violent, irregular action.
- prodigal:wastefully or recklessly extravagant.
- pedagogue: a teacher.
- to, toward, near
- -near, close, or contiguous; adjoining.
Al/ Ali/ Alter
- other, another
- -a possible choice.
- allegory: a figurative treatment of one subject under the guise of another.
- -inclined to love, esp. sexual love.
- amity: friendship, peaceful harmony.
- inamorata: a female lover.
- to go; to walk
- -of, pertaining to, or capable of walking.
- preamble: an introductory statement.
- perambulator: one who makes a tour of inspection on foot.
- both, more then one, around
- -able to use both hands equally well.
- of the life, mind, soul, spirit.
- -to give something life.
- animus: hostile feeling or attitude.
- equanimity: mental or emotional stability, especially under tension.
- -of, for, pertaining to, a year; yearly.
- annuity: a specified income payable at stated intervals.
- -free from germs.
- antipathy: aversion.
- antipodal: on the opposite side of the globe.
- -the highest or most distant point.
- apostasy: a total desertion of one's religion, principles, party, cause, etc.
Arch/ Archi/ Archy
- chief, principle, ruler
- -a government in which the supreme power is lodged in a sovereign.
- oligarchy: a state or society ruled by a select group.
- -self-moving or self-acting.
- autocrat: an absolute ruler.