Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Under what conditions must a wire rope be replaced?
- 6 or more broken wires in one lay
- 3 or more broken wires in one strand in one lay
- 3 or more broken wires in one lay in standing ropes
To increase fatigue resistance, would you use wires with more wires per strand or less? What type of wire would you choose for abrasion resistance?
- More wires per strand are fatigue resistant
- Less wire per strand (larger wires) are abrasion resistant
How often should slings be inspected?
Each day prior to their use. Visual inspection at each use.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview