Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
how does technology change the role of managers?
- >ee retention and motivation
impact of technology on personnel
- >changing nature of job
- >new types of jobs
impact of technology on business costs
- >increased costs
- -buy new technology.. maintain hardware
- -train ee to operate new technology
- >reduced costs
- -less refunds and repairs
- -reduced wage bill
impact of technology on business opportunities
- >increased sales
- >direct marketing
- >new products
why would there be resistance to change?
- >fear of losing jobs
- >fear of losing power
- >fear of failure
strategies for managing change
- >managers lead by example
- >managers must communicate with ees
- >manager must train ees
- >manager must allow ees to participate in the change
total quality management... management strategy designed to ensure 100% perfection and 100% customer satisfaction because every person in the business is responsible for delivering quality to the customer
what are the main principles of TQM?
- >focus on the customer
- >ee empowerment
- >continuous improvement
benefits of TQM
- >increase in sales and profits
- >lower costs
- >ees more motivated and committed
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview