Forensics Exam 2-3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Swipe or Wipe? Blood
- Swipe= bloody object transfers with an object
- Wipe= Object wipes through blood stain
What is Entemology good for? (5)
- Time since death
- site of trauma
- geographic location of death
- toxicology of decedent
- identity of victim
What is Insect Succession?
The different waves and life cycles of insects found on body
5 stages of decay
- Fresh Body
- Dry Up
- Skeletal Remains
What are the first bugs to arrive on a body?
"True flies" or blow flies
Other uses for Entemology
- Food Contamination by insects
- Lawsuits with insect/larve invasion of wound
- Neglect and abuse cases
- Insect nusance from agricultural production
Sequence of entomological collection (5)
- Visual observation and notification
- Climate and Weather Data noted
- Collection of specimens from body
- Collection of specimens from surrounding area
- Collection of specimens from under body
Things to look for on body: (6 types of bugs)
Eggs, maggots, puparia, adult flies, beetle larva, and any other insects.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview