Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- to be; to have a particular quality; to exist.
- -to regard something as less impressive than it apparently is.
- bemoan: to express pity for.
- belie: to misrepresent, to contradict.
- -warlike; given to waging war.
- -anything advantageous to a person or thing.
- bona fide: in good faith; without fraud.
- twice, double
- -able to speak two languages with equal facility.
- biennial: happening every two years.
- to fall; to happen by chance
- -happening by chance; unexpected.
- decadent: decaying; deteriorating.
- recidivist: one who repeatedly relapses, as in crime.
Cant/ Cent/ Chant
Cap/ Cip/ Cept
- to take; to get
- -to take by force or stratagem.
- percipient: having perception; discerning; discriminating.
- precept: a commandment or direction given as a rule of conduct.
- head, headlong
- - to cut off the head.
- capitulate: to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms.
Card/ Cord/ Cour
- -pertaining to the heart.
- -to punish in order to correct.
- chaste: free from obscenity; decent.
Ced/ Ceed/ Cess
- to go; to yeild; to stop
- -without stop
- -having a common center, as in circles or spheres.
- eccentric: off-center.
- centrist: of or pertaining to moderate political or social ideas.
Cern/ Cert/ Cret/ Crim/ Crit
- to separate; to judge; to distinguish; to decide
- -detached from others, separate.
- discreet: judicious in one's speech, esp. with regard to remaining silent about something of a delicate nature.
- to cut
- -a cut, gash, or notch.
- incisive: penetrating, cutting
Cla/ Clo/ Clu
- shut, close
- -to bring to an end; finish; to terminate.
- preclude: to prevent the existence, presence, or occurence of.
- to shout; to cry out
- - a loud uproar.
- to lean toward
- -to cause to slope or lean upward.
- proclivity: inclination, bias
- disinclination: aversion, distaste.
Co/ Col/ Com/ Con
- with, together
- -to bind or fasten together.
- conciliate: to placate; to win over.
- commensurate: suitable in measure, proportionate.
- running; a course
- -a messenger traveling in haste who bears news.
Cre/ Cresc/ Cret
- to grow
- -to make greater in any respect.
- accrue: to be added as a matter of periodic gain.
- accretion: an increase by natural growth.
- to believe; to trust
- -willingness to believe or trust too readily.
- credo: any formula of belief.
- -the science of interpreting secret writings, codes, ciphers, and the like.
- apocryphal: of doubtful authorship or authenticity.
- to lie down
- -lying down; reclining; leaning
- -deserving blame or censure
- inculpate: to charge with fault.