Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is the function of the lymphatic system function?
- -fluid balance
- -draines excess interstitial fluid
- -absorption of dietary lipids from digestive tract
- lymph nodes can filter foreign substances, invading pathogens
- lymphocytes actively fight infection in lymph and blood
what is the route of lymph flow through a lymph node?
- afferent lymphatic vessel
- subcapsular sinus
- trabecular sinus
- medullary sinus
- efferent lymphatic vessel
what is the spleen fed by?
the splenic artey
what is the four basic layers of digestive system?
- Serosa or Adventitia
what are the connective tissue sheets that holds many of the organs in place in the abdominal cavity?
what is involved in mastication (chewing) of food?
what is the purpose of the tongue?
- the tongue is controlled by intrinsic and extrinsic (attached to the hyoid bone) muscle
- -holds food in for chewing
- -assists in swallowing
what type of cells is the oral cavity lined with?
stratified squamous epithelium
what control the entry and exit of food?
- upper esophageal sphincter
- lower esophageal sphincter
the esophagus is located in? and passes through what?
-lies in the mediastrinum; and passes through the diaphragm
-leads from pharynx to stomach
________ and ______ make mucus that lubricate the lining of the esophagus
mucus glands and submucosa
most of mucosa in fingerlike projections called _________.
what is the cell type of mucosa
simple columnar epithelium
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview