Astro test 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Newton's First Law: Law of Inertia
Objects will remain in motion, in a straight line and at a constant speed unless acted upon by a force
- any influence that may change the state of motion of objects
- an unbalanced force
Newton's 2nd Law: Law of forces and accelrations
- if ourside net forces act upon objects, then objects are accelerated.
- when this happens objects are accelerated in the direction of the net forces.
- inversely proportional to objects inertia
quantitive measurement of inertia
total amount of material in an object
- force=mass * acceleration
how gravity affects or accelerates mass.
- remains the same no matter where you travel in the universe
- changes depending on where you are.
the tendency of the object at rest to remain at rest. and of a body in motion in a straight line at a constant speed.
push or pull anything that can cause a body to change velocity.
a physical quantity that indicates both the spped of a body and the direction in which it is moving.
Newston's 3rd Law: law of active-reactive forces
- if an ovject exerts a net force upon another object (action), then the second object exerts a second net force upon the first object (reaction)
- the two forces are equal in magnitude but opposite in direction.
The relationship between acceleration and forces
if an outside net force acts upon an object, the object is accelerated in the direction of the net force
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview