The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What contributions did Democritus make?
- Atoms are the smallest unit piece of matter
What does the Democritus's model say/look like?
- Shape/size depend on object.
- Basic shapes.
- ex. circle, square, triangle
Who is the father of modern atomic theory?
Father of modern atomic theory
His experiement dealt with combining elements to form compounds?
What contributions did Dalton make?
- Said element are the same shape and had the same matching atoms. (Later found false)
- Atoms are combined in whole number rations to make compounds
Said element are the same shape and had the same matching atoms. (Later found false)
Atoms are combined in whole number rations to make compounds
combined elements to form compounds?
All matter has atoms
The atom is an indivisible sphere
What did Dalton's model say?
- All matter had atoms
- The atom was an indivisible sphere
Improved Dalton's theory.
What was Thomson's experiment?
Cathode Ray Experiment
What did the Cathode Ray Experiment do?
- Cathode rays were passed through a magnetic field.
- Atoms attracted to pos. magnet
- Ray are negative electrons
Rays are negative what?
Rays are negative electrons.