The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
It is easy to understand why some people belive that
- in the meantime
- wherever (Wherever you choose to live there are always going to be disadvantages)
- at this point
- An immediate interest cut might give a small boost to the economy. Even so, any recovery is likely to be very slow.
- even so
- even though
I'd better write it down, otherwise I'll forget it.
- used in negative sentences instead of 'also' or 'too'
- I don't eat meat and my husband doesn't either.
- not either of two things or people
- Neither one of us is particularly interested in gardening
For such creatures, speed is not important - indeed it is counterproductive.
The whole report is badly written. Moreover, it's inaccurate.
- quite; to a slight degree
- That's rather a difficult book - here's an easier one for you.
in contrast (2)
- The amount spent on defence is in sharp contrast to that spent on housing and health.
- in comparisson
- on the one hand ... on the other hand
another way of viewing this is (2)
- one alternative is
- The story, however, isn't always that simple.
- In fact
It can be seen that (4)
- it is evident that
My conclusion is (2)
- To conclude
- Thus we can see that
- The benefits of ... undoubtedly outweigh the disadvantages.
- The question is not wether ..., but wether ...
- For these and other reasons ...
- Wether the disadvantages do not outnumber the advantages.
- ... always does more harm than good in the long run