Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What closes CV-2009 (CVCS containment isolation valve)?
What happens to boric acid recirc valve on SIS?
Recieves a close signal
Where does the VCT vent to?
Waste gas surge tank
Charging pump suction sources?
- Spent fuel pool
- Gravity feed from BASTs
- Boric acid pumps from BASTs
PS-0220/0221, letdown pressure downstream of orifices
Sends close signals to SV-2002A/B, letdown orifice bypass valves, at 500 psig
EK-0735 "Charging lo flow"
- 25 gpm from FIA-0212 (charging flow indicator)
- FIA-0212 also starts P-55B (normal and DBA sequencer) at 25 gpm
What does TICA-0204 (letdown flow local temperature controller indicator) do?
- Sends a close signal to CV-2014 (now closed)
- -CV-2014, failed fuel monitor isolation valve
- Sends bypass signal to CV-2023 (IX bypass)
- -prevents damaging/melting IX resin
- Alarms and actuates at 130oF
TIA-0202 (Relief valve RV-2006 outlet temperature indicating alarm)
- Indicates when RV-2006 lifts or leaks
- 200oF setpoint for the alarm
What temperature is TIC-0203 (letdown temperature controller) normally set at?
Purpose of the Chemical volume control system?
- Maintain the required volume of water in the PCS over the range of full to zero reactor power with out requiring makeup
- Maintain the chemistry and purity of the PCS
- Maintain the desired boric acid concentration in the PCS
- Pressure test the PCS
When does CV-2023, demin bypass valve, bypass the demins?
When in auto it bypasses at 130oF to protect the demins
What is the problem with transferring CV-0202 and CV-1212 between HIC-1212 and PIC-0202?
Can cause intermediate pressure letdown pressure variations and possible lifting of the letdown relief valve
Charging pump power supplies
- -can be supplied from LCC-11 through P-55C breaker
- --all interlocks and permissives are maintained
- -can recieve alternate power from LCC-13
- --lose all interlocks and permissives
Modes of operation for PIC-0202 (Intermediate pressure letdown controller)
- -controls via input from PT-0202
Boric Acid Tank alarms
- 100% high level
- 20% low level
- 2.1% low low level
- 94.5% common low level alarm (118")
- High temperature 170oF
- Low temperature 150oF
E-56 Regenerative Heat Exchanger
- Cooled by charging discharge
- Designed to maintain letdown outlet temperature <450oF with max letdown and minimum charging
Design/purpose of T-54 VCT
- Sized to accomodate a zero to full power rise with out diversion and a full to zero power lowering with out makeup
- Maintained between 68%-78% and 21-35 psig
CV-2056 (diverting valve)
- 3 position handswitch VCT/AUTO/TO CWRT
- When in auto it will divert letdown to the CWRT at 94.4% VCT level, when at 91.4% VCT level it diverts back to the VCT
How many gallons/% in the VCT?
EK-1512 (Purification filter high differential pressure)
alarms at 35 psid on C-40
What is the purpose of HS-0202 (on C-12)?
- Determines which control valve is controlled by PIC-0202 or HIC-2122
- CV-2122 manual/CV-2012 auto
- -CV-2122 is controlled by HIC-2122 and CV-2012 is controlled by PIC-0202
- CV-2122 auto/CV-2012 manual
- -CV-2122 is controlled by PIC-0202 and CV-2012 is controlled by HIC-2122
CV-2002, letdown orifice bypass valve, operation
- 2 solenoid valves SV-2002A/B
- When in auto
- -SV-2002A will close if either
- --500 psig on PS-0220 (intermediate letdown pressure)
- --190 psig on PS-0222 (letdown pressure) to protect demins
- -SV-2002B will close if either
- --500 psig on PS-0221 prevents opening RV-2006
- --160 gpm on FIC-0202 (letdown flow indicator controller)
- ---excess flow will channel demins
RV-2013, low pressure letdown line safety relief valve, setpoint
- 200 psig
- Relief valve discharges to the VCT
EK-0704, letdown heat exchanger tube inlet, Hi-Lo pressure
- Alarms on
- -high pressure at 500 psig
- -low pressure at 400 psig
VCT low low level
- At 7.9% (VCT lo-lo level alarm)
- -close MO-2087 (VCT outlet)
- -open MO-2160 (SIRWT outlet)
- -close MO-2155, Makeup stop
- At 10.8% after a lo-lo level
- -clears lo-lo alarm
- -can swap charging pump suctions
Charging pump starts
- P-55B and P-55C (if in auto) on low PZR level
- SIAS with standby power available
- -all 3 pumps start
- SIAS and standby power not available
- -P-55A and P-55C start at 2 seconds
- -P-55B starts if FIA-0212 doesn't see 25 gpm
CV-2001 letdown isolation valve
Isolates letdown on high temperature of 470oF when in auto
What are the power supplies for boric acid pumps?
TICA-0201, letdown temperature indicator
- Alarms at 460oF
- Isolates letdown at 470oF
MOV-2087 VCT outlet valve power supply and auto closure
- Closes on:
- -VCT lo lo signal 7.9%
- -SIAS signal
What is the setpoint for RV-2006, letdown line relief valve, and where does it relieve to?
- Lifts at 600 psig to protect the letdown line and components
- Relieves to the quench tank
CV-2002, CV-2202 (letdown orifice bypass valves)
Used during PCS low pressure operations to raise letdown flow when there is not enough PCS pressure to force letdown through the orifices.
EK-0740 "charging pumps discharge lo pressure"
Alarms at 2000 psig
EK-0706 "letdown hx cooling excess flow"
- Alarms at 14 psid
- DPC-0909 letdown HX CCW differential pressure controller limits CV-0909 opening to <12 psid
What is the purpose of CV-2012, 2122 (Intermediate letdown regulating valves)?
- Prevents flashing of the letdown fluid prior to being cooled by the letdown heat exchanger
- Normal setpoint is 460 psig
- Controls PCS pressure during solid plant ops
EK-0734 "charging pump seal cooling low pressure"
Alarms when the charging pump seal pressure is <5 psig and the charging pump breaker is closed.
What are the charging pump trips?
- Low suction pressure
- -10 psia
- Low lube oil pressure
- -9 psig
- P-55B and C on high pressurizer level
- P-55A on fluid drive at 150oF
What are the VCT alarms?
- VCT high temperature
- VCT level alarm
- VCT pressure alarm
- --50 psig
- --4 psig
MOV-2170/MOV-2169 boric acid tank gravity feed isolations
- Powered from MCC-1
- Has blue overload light
- Recieves an open signal from SIS
At what pressure/flow does CV-2002, letdown orifice bypass valve close and why?
- Closes at 190 psig to protect demineralizers
- Closes at 160 gpm (alarm)
- 500 psig prior to the letdown heat exchanger