Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Flow chart of megagametophyte development.
- 1. Begin with a microsporocyte
- 2. Now have 1 megaspore and 3 small, dead cells
- -mitosis (3x)
- 3. Now have 8 nuclei in one cell
- -wall formation
- 4. Now have the following:
- 3 antipodal cells (haploid)
- 2 polar nuclei in central cell (each is haploid)
- The egg apparatus
- -2 synergid cells (haploid)
- -1 egg cell (haploid)
Flow chart of microgametophyte formation:
- 1. Megasporocyte
- 2. Now have 4 microspores
- 3. Two things developed
- -vegetative cell (growth) pollen tube
- -generative cell (mitosis) 2 sperm cells
What ploidy is the endosperm nucleus?
As the ovule develops into a seed, the ovary matures into a ___
What are the 3 layers of a fruit?
- 1. Exocarp: outer most layer
- 2. Mesocarp: flesh, innermost layer
- 3. Endocarp: may be tough like a stone or pit
What is the pericarp?
The entire fruit wall, no matter how many layers it has.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview