UALR UNIT V
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mr. Jones comes in with findings of bone demeniralizaiton with loss of calcium and phosphorus salts. Which of the following best describes the disease or disorder associated with these findings?
1. Parkinson's Disesase
Where are the most common sites for osteoporosis to occur?
Hip, wrist, and vertebral column
What puts a patient at subsequent risk for fractures after being diagnosed with Osteoporosis?
A nurse is assessing three patients and is aware of the risk factors for Osteoporosis. Of the following, which could the nurse expect to have osteoporosis based on the risk factors concerning Osteoporosis?
1. An african-american full framed woman who smokes seldomly.
2. A 25 year old Caucasian who exercises often and smokes seldomly.
3. A 55 year old Asian who seldomly exercises, is a frequent smoker, and stays home watching television all day.
The 55 year old is at risk most based on risk factors.
Slides 5 & 6
A nurse is conducting health
screening for osteoporosis. which of the following clients is at greatest risk of developing this disorder?
1.A 25-year-old woman who jogs
2.A 36-year-old man who has asthma
3.A 70-year-old man who consumes excess
4.A sedentary 65-year old woman
who smokes cigarettes
Answer is 4
- Age, being woman is a risk factor,
- smoking cigrette is also a risk
- factor. She has the greatest risk
How much calcium should a pt. with osteoporosis consume daily?
1,200 mg of daily calcium
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview