Exam 002 - FNP 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Injection or PO?
- Given this history, exenatide is sometimes referred to as "lizard spit".
- Brand name: Byetta
- Class: Incretin Mimetics
- For DM-2
- SubQ injection, must be Refrigerated at 36-46 F.
- Found in the saliva of Gila Monster. It is like Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that regulates glucose metabolism and insuline secretion.
- Theraputics: It enhences Glucose-dependent insuline secretion, lowers Glucagon secretion, and slows gastric emptying.
Thia-zoli-dine-dione (TZD) ?
- Rosiglitazone (Avandia) --> Increased risk of CV events.
- Pioglitazone (Actos) --> Increases risk of Bladder cancer.
- Main S/E: Heart failure from Water-retention, edema, weight gain in up to 5% of patients.
Bladder cancer Risk with which Glitazone ?
- Actos (Pioglitazone)
- An Actor having to pee a lot due to bladder cancer while she is on ACTOS to treat her DM-2.
- Pio-Glitazone = Pee a lot.
CV risk with which Glitazone ?
- Rosi-glitazone (Avandia)
- Pneumonic: Heart pierced by thorns of Rose plant.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview