Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- to teach
- -to imbue a person with learning.
- didactic: intended for instruction.
- away, off, down, completely, reversal
- -to move away, from a higher to a lower place.
- defile: to make foul, dirty, or unclean.
- -vital and social statistics of populations
- endemic: particualr to a specific people or locality.
- apart, through
- -to make wider or larger; to cause to expand
- dilatory: inclined to delay or procrastinate.
- dichotomy: division into two parts, kinds, etc.
Dic/ Dict/ Dit
- to say; to tell; to use words
- -book containing a selection of the words of a language.
- interdict: to forbid; prohibit
- -a person who holds a high rank or office
- deign: to think fit, or in accordance with one's dignity.
- condign: well deserved; fitting; adequate
- away from, apart, reversal, not
- -to pour out and spread, as in a fluid
- disseminate: to scatter or spread widely; promulgate
- -sound or correct in opinion or doctorine
- paradox: an opinion or statement contrary to accepted opinion.
- dogma: a system of tenets, as in a church.
- suffer; pain
- -full of pain or sorrow, grevious
Don/ Dot/ Dow
- to give
- -to present as a gift or contribution
- anecdote: a short narrative about an interesting event
- dubiety: doubtfulness
- indubitable: unquestionable
- to lead
- -personal behavior, way of acting; leading an orchestra
- -able to resist decay
- duress: compulsion by threat, coercion
- dour: sullen, gloomy
- faulty, abnormal
- -poorly functioning
- dystrophy: faulty or inadequate nutrition or development.
- dyspepsia: impared digestion