Psychological State that can be turned on and off. (moralization)
General normative standard of conduct; obligation (should), duty, commandment laws. Principles exist in three ways 1) agreed upon by a whole group 2) grounded in human nature (natural law) 3 Devine commandment theory
Weighing of or choosing amoung valued ends.
a habit to act act ina certian way that society deems noble or good (nobility, civility)
Moral Judgment based on feelings
1) Child - Authority Figure (impulse)
2) adolesent/peer - what others think and say
3) Adult - Society, Self
Kohlbergs Theory of Moral Development
People will move to a higher stage when the lower stage is inadaquate.
Kohlbergs 6 Stages of moral development
1) Punishment and Obediance - the motivation is to avoid pain
2) Satisfying ones needs - Egocentric
3) Nice Girl/Good Boy orientation- seeks outside approval
4) Law and Order - Maintain the rules, do ones duty
5) Social Contract - do whats best for society or "the common good"