Comparative Test 3 (Set 2)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the term Motor Unit refer to?
A neuron and the skeletal muscle fibers it innervates.
_________ contract slowly to provide tonus.
In ________ each muscle fiber receives multiple motor endplates from the neuron innervating it.
In ________ the extent and force of contraction are graded by frequency of nerve stimulation.
Where can Tonic Fibers be found?
- 1. Muscles that move the eyeball in mammals.
- 2. A few postural muscles in appendages of lower vertebrates.
_______ are most vertebrate skeletal muscle.
In ________ each muscle fiber receives a single muscle motor end plate.
With _________ contraction is "all or none".
What are the two types of Phasic fibers?
- 1. Slow Phasic fibers
- 2. Fast Phasic fibers
Describe slow phasic fibers.
- 1. These contract slowly
- 2. These are adapted for slow, repetitive, isotonic contractions.
- 3. Energy comes from oxidative metabolism
- 4. These contain high myoglobin content
What is an example of slow phasic fibers?
Dark meat on a chicken
Describe fast phasic fibers.
- 1. These contract rapidly.
- 2. these are adapted for rapid movements of short duration.
- 3. Energy comes from anaerobic glycolysis.
- 4. These contain a high glycogen content.
What is an example of fast phasic fibers?
white mear on a chicken
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview