Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -shared derived traits between lineages
- -all synapomorphies are homologous but not all homologies are synapomorphies
ex. Mitochondria is a synapomorphy for all eukarya but not for humans/chimps
- -Genetic code (DNA, RNA, ribosomes, transcription/translation, proteins)
- -metabolic pathways
- -Same trait in different group but it's not due to common ancestry
- ex. crocodile and hippopotamus have eyes on top of their head
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview