The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is being inspected/palpated with the muscles in a musculoskeletal assessment?
What is being inspected/palpated with the joints in a musculoskeletal assessment?
- Crepitus - indication of low synovial fluid
Active vs. Passive ROM
- Active - Pt can do it alone
- Passive - Can do it w/ nurse assisstance
What is a contracture?
- Frozen ligaments r/t decreased or absent ROM which requires Sx to repair.
- ROM should be assess q shift
How is muscle strength rated?
- On a scale of 5-0
- 5 = normal; full ROM against gravity and resistance
- 0 = Undetectable
What are geriatric considerations when assess the musculoskeletal system?
- Muscle mass decreases
- Bones are more fragile
- Decrease in speed, strength, reaction time and coordination due to decreased nerve conduction and muscle tone.
- Increased prevalence of osteoarthritic changes in joints