TOUR218 - Lec 7 & 8
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why is the tourism industry so attractive?
Percieved ease of entry - low legal and professional barriers
How many employees does a small firm employ?
between 10 and 50
What are the key elements of entrepreneurship?
- Change initiation
- Commitment to employees
- Creative resourcing
- Entrepreneurial learning
- Innovation and creativity
- Knowledge leadership
- Opportunity alertness
- Relationship management
- Timing of action
- Vision and strategic orientation
Name some entrepreneurial guises
- Copreneur: One or two employees (marital and business partners balancing work and family)
- Ethnic: Ethnic minority groups operating in ethnic niche markets
- Female:Gender differences, motivations etc
- Family: Generations (different ideas)
- Intrapreneur: Inherited
- Lifestyle: main concern is to maintain selected way of life
- Micro: Deliberatly less than 10 people
- Portfolio: Own more than one business
- Social: Combines commercial skills with social aims and objectives
What is so special about Entrepreneurship in Tourism & Hospitality?
- 1. Entrepreneurship closely tied to development issues of tourism : as a development tool
- 2. The presence of a champion is important in creating a node of 'Entrepreneurial' business
- 3. Issues of gender within T& H entrepreneurship
- 4. Entrepreneurialism and networks
- 5. Need for more research
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview