- Aminophylline is used to prevent and treat wheezing, shortness of breath, and difficulty breathing caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases
- It relaxes and opens air passages in the lungs, making it easier to breathe
- Take the tablets or oral liquid with a full glass of water on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal
- Do not chew or crush the long-acting tablets; swallow them whole.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had seizures, heart disease, an overactive or underactive thyroid gland, high blood pressure, or liver disease or if you have a history of alcohol abuse
- Drinking or eating foods high in caffeine, like coffee, tea, cocoa, and chocolate, may increase the side effects
- May cause upset stomach, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, restlessness, insomnia, irritability