Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Gram-neg rod. 1 flagellum, both endotoxin (obv) & exotoxin – permanently activates adenylate cyclase --> excrete lots of NaCl --> Rice-water diarrhea. Exotoxin is encoded by a lysogenic phage.
- Gram-neg rod; capsule type B causes the most invasive disease. A's: Makes IgA protease, aerosol transmission, cultured on chocolate agar w/factors V & X.
- When a child has "flu," mom goes to 5 & dime store to buy some chocolate.
- Clinical: HaEMOPhilus causes: epiglottitis, meningitis, otitis media, & pneumonia.
- Severe pneumonia (Legionnaires' disease) or mild flu (Pontiac fever).
- Stain: Silver (Gram stain poor).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview