The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
During what age group do children add strategy to thier game playing?
Late Childhood- 5th and 6th Grade or 10-12 years old
During what age group do children enjoy plaing by themselves or with one or two other children?
Early Childhood- 5-7 years old
Listing Question #1: What are the Important Movement Concepts?
- 1. Body Awareness
- 2. Space Awareness
- 3. Qualities
- 4. Relationships
What are Direct Teaching Procedures?
Where lessons are teacher planned and directed
What are Indirect Teaching Procedures?
Where the learner assumes responsibility for learning.
What type of pulse is checked at the wrist?
What type of pulse is checked in the neck?
What percentage of your maximum heart rate should you exercise at?
The faster you recover _______________ the better condition your heart and lungs are.
Resting heart rate
What is the definiton of Physical Fitness?
"Possessing adequate strength and endurance to carry out daily activities without undue fatigue with enough energy for emergencies and leisure activities"
Listing Question #2: What are the factors that affecting low levels of fitness?
- 1. 30 % of adults live sedentary lives.
- 2. The emphasis on labor saving devices
- 3. The trend toward sedentary computer and television viewing.
- 4. The movement of leisure activities being tied to computer and play station games for children.
- 5. The influence of the computer in school education.
Listing Question #3: What are the components of physical fitness tests?
- 1. Muscular Strength
- 2. Muscular Endurance
- 3. Cardiovascular Endurance
- 4. Flexibility
- 5. Body Composition
What are the methods of assessing fitness? (Know the differences between the types.)
- -Norm Referenced Fitness Test= Compares a child's performance with that of the overall population.
- -Criterion Referenced Fitness Test= Set levels of mastery to a norm and offer awards for excellence.
- -Health Referenced Fitness Tests= Identify minimum health standards that all children can strive to achieve. Motivation is self imporvement rather than trying to outperform other children.
Who did AAHPERD partner with to develop the Fitnessgram?
Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research
What are the three body types?
- 1. Ectomorph- slender and lean
- 2. Mesomorph- muscular shape
- 3. Endomorph- heavier and more round
What is an example of a Motor Task?
Throwing a Ball (Specific Movement)
Motor Performance is...
an observable physical behavior (hitting a target with a ball)
What is the definiton of Motor Learning?
Type of learning that cannot be observed directly, but is inferred by performance. (practice to learn a skill, which produces a chance in the way the skill is performed)
What is the difference between a Motor Skill and a Motor Ability?
A Motor Skill is the degree of proficiency in performing a Motor Task and a Motor Ability is a set of traits (abilities) used when performing a skill.
The definition of Body Composition is...
the proportionate amount of total body, both lean tissue and fat tissue.
A more appropriate concern than over weight would be __________.
What are the percentages for obesity in males and females?
How many elementary children have excessive levels of fat?
T or F: Overweight or obese children will become overweight or obese adults.
Levels of health and fitness have not improved for elementary students in how many years?
Levles of fitness and activity (decreases or increases) as they progress through school and toward adulthood?
In physical education activities, what is important to remember with overweight, overfat, and obese children?
- -They tire easily.
- -They have early fatigue.
- -They have difficulty performing many motor skills.
- -They feel little pleasure and/or success in phyical activity.
When planning physical activities for obese, overweight, and overfat children what should you do?
- -Design special activity plans that they can do.
- -Don't leave them out.
- -Create indivual goals, they are important.
Which age group shows a steady in bone growth?
What is important for good bone growth?
- 1. Maintain Activity
- 2. Keep up the calicium and phospate levels
What is the difference between Hyperplasia and Hypertrophy?
- Hyperplasia deals with the fact that the number of muscle cells is set by the time a child enters school.
- Hypertrophy deals with the fact that after hyperplasia muscle growth is by an increase in size of each muscle cell.
There is a rapid growth of muscle between which age group and a steady growth in which age group?
- Rapid= 5-6 years
- Steady= 7-12 years
At the age of 12 heart rates drop. What do they drop to for boys and girls?
- Boys: to 70 beats per minute
- Girls: to 72 beats per minute